Spencer Ogden are representing a growing International Power Consultancy as they continue to support the European Electricity market. We are looking for an experienced Power Market Consultant to join their team in either Brussels or Berlin.
In the expansion of our business towards competitive market reforms, as an experienced professional in spot market operation and implementing of competitive trading of power, capacities, balancing and ancillary services.
You will support our clients in defining and implementing competitive reforms in different market segments with a constant focus on performance and growth opportunities.
* Anticipating the changes in the power market landscape and define the most suitable markets configurations or smart grid strategies by leading successful projects that provide value to customers and benefits to society
* Contribute to projects on establishing market operator and implementing competitive trading of power, capacities and ancillary services
* Establish and/or challenge market reforms
* Support the company's business development teams in identifying and pursuing opportunities: Establish trusted relationship to clients, understand clients' agenda, translate it into issues and possible scenarios, determine best approach and develop proposals
* Participate in projects related to market roles and responsibilities transformations
* Support for developing spot trading operations from regulatory, markets and business point of view
* Spot regulatory, market trends and technologies
* Support in developing clients capabilities on operating under competitive markets setup
* Master's degree
* 8-10 years' experience minimum in electrical power trading business, including spot market, wholesale markets and non-physical trading, trading of ancillary services
* Effective leadership, coaching and stakeholder management
* Expert on forward, day-ahead and intraday market organization
* Understand a large variety of market design configurations and how they interact
* Setting up of pricing schemes of power exchanges.
* Design and implementation of projects including complicated business related contractual negotiations.
* Proven track record of power and ancillary market development
* Knowledge of European Energy regulation, experience working with or for a regulatory body
* Excellent English skills required. Knowledge of Arabic, French, Dutch or German is an asset
* Creative, proactive, client-oriented, result driven, autonomous
* Mobility and flexibility, willing to travel abroad depending on project Needs
Brussels or Berlin, frequent travelling to client sites (approx. 30%)
For more information about this role please contact our London office
Applying For This Position
Unless otherwise stated, when applying for a job, you should ensure that you're already authorised to work in the country where the role is located.
There is never a need to provide your bank account details when applying for a job.
SPENCER OGDEN: THE AWARD-WINNING GLOBAL ENERGY, ENGINEERING AND INFRASTRUCTURE RECRUITMENT SPECIALISTS.
Spencer Ogden stands for the best in specialist, professional, proactive recruitment, working with skilled Energy, Infrastructure and Engineering professionals across the globe.
UNRIVALLED SERVICE IN EVERY SECTOR
Spencer Ogden represents clients and candidates at mid to senior levels which operate globally within:
• Oil & Gas
• Built Environment
Our client base includes major operators, utility providers, manufacturers, developers, research institutes, consultancies and international government bodies.