Physical Substation Electrical Engineer responsible for the development of General Arrangements for 13kV-750kV Substations/Switchyards, Equipment Plans, Elevations and Sections. Control House Layouts, Grounding analysis/design, Switchgear design, Conduit and Cable design, Creation of Bill of Materials utilizing AutoCAD/Microstation drafting software. Working knowledge of Microsoft office required. Checking/Stamping of Physical Design packages as needed. Performs calculations to support design as required (Arc flash, coordination, fault current, bus span, ampacity, etc.)
- A 4-year BSEE Degree is required from an ABET accredited college/university
- 8+ years of experience in physical Substation design
- Familiar with related IEEE, ASTM, NEC, NFPA, NEMA, NERC, and FERC guides and standards
- Substation Physical Design with a willingness to cross-train if required by management.
- Estimating and assisting in the preparation of bid packages.
- Attending scoping meetings as requested for projects.
- Able to obtain PE license in required states as client requirements dictate for sealing design drawings.
- Must be able to complete assignments within budget and schedule with a high degree of accuracy.
- Must have willingness to work overtime as required.
- Mentor other designers/engineers in group to increase knowledge of physical substation design.
- May be designated to check/review other personnel work for accuracy/adherence to client/national standards.
- As a fully competent engineer, the candidate shall independently evaluate, select and apply engineering principles and practices relevant to the project requirements
Bachelors or better in Electronics Engineering Technology.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)
Spencer Ogden is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
Applying For This Position
Unless otherwise stated, when applying for a job, you should ensure that you're already authorised to work in the country where the role is located.
There is never a need to provide your bank account details when applying for a job.
SPENCER OGDEN: THE AWARD-WINNING GLOBAL ENERGY, ENGINEERING AND INFRASTRUCTURE RECRUITMENT SPECIALISTS.
Spencer Ogden stands for the best in specialist, professional, proactive recruitment, working with skilled Energy, Infrastructure and Engineering professionals across the globe.
UNRIVALLED SERVICE IN EVERY SECTOR
Spencer Ogden represents clients and candidates at mid to senior levels which operate globally within:
• Oil & Gas
• Built Environment
Our client base includes major operators, utility providers, manufacturers, developers, research institutes, consultancies and international government bodies.