CONNECTIONS MANGER - Power
Salary £DOE - Excellent
We have a very exciting opportunity for a CONNECTIONS MANAGER working for a rapidly growing Energy Project Developer in the North West of England.
Main duties and objectives
* To provide technical insight to ascertain and pursue the most efficient and viable connections in line with project development requirements.
* Working with the Development Manager, CFO and Development Director you will liaise with DNO and GNO to obtain the most effective connection commercially and technically available to maximise revenue potential on a project-by-project basis.
* You will review all grid and gas offers and discuss available solutions with the DNO to reduce formal quotation timeframes and cost.
* You will support to the development team at the front-end of energy generation projects and manage a Connections Administrator.
The Connections Manager will be working to:
* Identify the most viable project sites with external parties.
* Vet and assess potential sites and improve export capacities as and when available.
* Review previously accepted developments and look to maximise capacity.
* Be responsible for ascertaining the best technology for each project (Solar, Battery or Gas Generation).
* Organise and co-ordinate with various external bodies - DNO / GNO.
* Deliver shortlisted potential sites for progression and discussion with Development Manager and wider team.
* Liaise with internal team relating to contracts / costings and technical requirements.
Skills / qualifications
* Degree qualified within Electrical Engineering.
* Strong analytical skills.
* Research skills.
* Excellent time management.
* Organisational ability.
* Process driven.
* 2+ years working with electrical design (preferably with IDNO, DNO or Development Company).
* Strong working knowledge of Energy projects preferred (but not essential).
* Knowledge of electrical design, mechanical (Gas) infrastructure (not essential), energy, renewables, power or project management would be beneficial, but not essential.
* An interest in these areas would also be beneficial as would experience of working in a management role or within a mixed skill team.
* The role requires strong interpersonal and communication skills as well as the ability to build strong relationships with external parties.
* The ability to understand and follow a process from initial instruction through to delivery is essential.
* The role requires a good level of IT and electrical design knowledge and analytical skill as well as the ability to think pro-actively.
* Our client are a growing company with an already robust project portfolio and pipeline in place for further generation projects - the successful applicant will mirror the characteristics of the company and strive for success in everything they undertake.
Salary and benefits
* 20 days per annum + all bank holidays
* On-site Parking
Acorn Recruitment acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment.
Applying For This Position
Unless otherwise stated, when applying for a job, you should ensure that you're already authorised to work in the country where the role is located.
There is never a need to provide your bank account details when applying for a job.
Skills and experienceElectrical Engineering Degree, DNO, GNO, Connections
The award-winning Acorn Group is one of the UK's leading recruitment and training companies.
On-going research confirms that over 96% of our clients would happily recommend Acorn to others (industry average is 87%), and 98% of job-seekers find Acorn's service levels to be better than other agencies (industry average is 77%).
These figures are testament to Acorn's philosophy that people are at the heart of our business and why Acorn is the partner of choice for many national and international organisations, and job-seekers alike.
Acorn offers permanent, temporary and contract recruitment solutions to employers, supported by a portfolio of training, learning and development solutions.
Acorn is a member of the Recruitment & Employment Confederation (REC) and is Investors in People and ISO accredited.