We are recruiting on behalf of a private utilities company that provides water and wastewater services to 1000+ MoD establishments across England and Wales under a 25-year private finance initiative agreement. Their operations are run from eight base locations across the contract area, with a head office in South Yorkshire. and ambitious plans to grow into an expanding marketplace.
There is a current requirement for 2 x Field Technicians - these are home based roles and will involve covering the areas below:
1 x Region 2 (Hampshire & South Coast, Regional Office in Portsmouth)
1 x Region 3 (Wiltshire, Somerset, Regional Office is Bulford)
As part of the front-line operation, a Field Technician is responsible for ensuring both planned and reactive work is completed along with any field activities to meet both contractual and internal business needs, and customer service requirements, and that feedback and information is provided in order to maintain accurate records.
Duties & Responsibilities of the role include:
- Operation and maintenance of clean and wastewater assets and networks to ensure:
- 24/7 provision of wholesome potable water supplies
- 24/7 removal of sewage, and treatment where facilities are internal
- 24/7 removal of surface water
- 24/7 provision of water for fire fighting
- Provide a mobile reactive maintenance and repair function within the operating region
- Record accurate information and feedback in real-time using portable IT and communications equipment
- Maintain lines of communication with all parties concerned and ensure that all actions are completed in the event of a reactive incident
- Take part in a regional standby rota to provide out of hours response and support to customers
- Act as an ambassador for the company when dealing with our client
- Assist in the development and promotion of business capabilities in order to both ensure a consistent experience for the existing customer base, and to expand the business into new areas for the future
- Interface with colleagues from other business areas (e.g. Finance, Helpline, Consumption and Billing, Assets) to maintain a consistent business wide approach to delivery.
Knowledge, Skills & experience Required:
- Good IT skills and technical expertise in the management of data and enhancement of system performance
- A good problem solver with the ability to innovate and adapt
- Relationship skills, the ability to build relationships at all levels with both internal and external bodies
- Excellent communication skills both oral and written, the ability to convey
- information effectively to the business and customers/contractors
- Organisational skills, the ability to meet target and deadlines
- Working in confined spaces is also a requirement of this role, from time to time, so the physical and mental ability to complete this is essential
- Duties are carried out in and outdoors, therefore exposure to varying weather and climates is a varied possibility as is the exposure and use of chemicals and/or gases
- Full UK Driving Licence - this role involves a varied amount of daily driving to and from sites and client bases.
- Ability to obtain Security Clearance which involves a Criminal Record Check and a full MoD Security Application and associated verification processes
Personally, they are looking for a flexible, motivated and presentable self-starter who takes accountability for their duties and is comfortable working alone and unsupervised.
A salary of £21,000 - £25,000 (some flexibility) will be offered to the right candidates for those long term and stable roles with genuine career development prospects within a growing company. To register your interest please apply by following instructions or for a discreet chat call Paul Massocchi on 0117 922 1441
Anderselite Ltd operates as both an Employment Agency and Employment Business.
Our non-discrimination policy can be viewed on our website at anderselite.com/non-discrimination-policy
Applying For This Position
Unless otherwise stated, when applying for a job, you should ensure that you're already authorised to work in the country where the role is located.
There is never a need to provide your bank account details when applying for a job.
Skills and experience("water network"or"leakage detection"or"pumping station")
Established in 1984, Anderselite are leading technical recruitment experts to the built environment.
With seven regional offices across the UK our dedicated teams are perfectly positioned to provide permanent, temporary and contract blue and white collar recruitment services to a multitude of companies, large and small, within the Construction and Rail sectors.
Our team of recruitment consultants have a wealth of specialist industry experience and are experts in their field, each possessing high-levels of market insight in their niche sectors. They work in close partnership with our clients to provide strategic support in seeking the right people for their business. Furthermore, we are committed to ensuring our jobseekers receive guidance, support and expertise to help them find the next step in their career.
We are specialists who can help make employment decisions based on job history, current situation and what role is most suitable in the future enabling our candidates to reach their potential and chosen career path.