HV Specialist Offshore Wind (SAP) 66kV
Are you looking for a new contract assignment on an offshore wind projects as a Senior Authorised person (SAP) 66kV HV specialist?
My client, a leading Develop and O&M is actively looking for a SAP 66kV Specialist to work with ain the HV & Transmission System Team and be responsible for the daily communication, coordination, corporation etc. towards Regional HV Manager, including the Offshore Transmission asset Owners (OFTO) in UK.
You will be responsible for maintenance, operational and safety switching of the HV & LV assets within his area defined by HV Regional Manager, which includes (but not limited);
- For UK: WTG HV switchgear, OFTO (On- & Offshore substation, including ancillaries), onshore & submarine cables (export and array cables)
- support on cable replacement project
You will also be responsible for ensuring that operational, safety switching and electrical/mechanical isolation of HV & LV assets is performed in accordance with the clients Electrical Safety Rules . This also includes superior decision power regarding
energisation of above stated assets. Have the responsibilities for the inputs to the operation & maintenance management program, including preparation of relevant analysis' for cost benefit improvements and optimisations, service improvement analysis, service performance reviews, statutory
inspections etc.. This will include the preparation as well as the inputs to budget and cost, including forecasts when required; reporting to relevant stakeholders in an agreed format, content and format and continuously seek to optimise availability in most cost effective and safe way
The client advised the following additional information:
- To operate the High Voltage & Low Voltage (HV/LV) Network in a safe and controlled manner, including providing safety from the HV/LV Network for working parties under his/her control
- Operational and safety switching, including coordinating, planning, performing and where appropriate supervision of the inspection and maintenance of the asset
- Daily coordination, communication and planning of HV/LV operations and maintenance activities
- Reporting, analysis and review services of the assets, includes but not limited to; operational reporting, service improvement analysis, service performance reviews, risk register, statuary inspections
- Maintenance services of the assets, includes but not limited to; asset database & drawings management system management, spare parts management, outage planning, environmental management and monitoring, warranty management, scheduled (and non-scheduled) maintenance services
- Maintenance plan, program & management, including continuous improvement of costs, availability, performance etc.
- Will cover all HV/LV maintenance work both scheduled and unscheduled as required
- Controlling and switching the HV/LV network
- Writing, approving and following-up/controlling switching schedules for the HV/LV network
- Writing, issuing and cancelling Safety Documents as part of the Permit to Work system
- Production of Risk Assessments and Method Statements where required
- Scrutiny of handover documentation for detail and suitability
- Liaison with the Control Engineer
- Planning, coordination and supervision of sub-contracted personnel
- Report all activities to the HV Manager for inclusion into the weekly/monthly report
- Perform induction training to personnel
- Manage and monitor the operational and safety switching, including a corresponding Permit to Work system for both electrical and mechanical isolation
- Give inputs to lessons learnt register
- Give inputs to snagging list of the affected assets
To be considered for this position you would require:
- Senior Authorised Person at 66kv or above
- Electrical engineering working experience in a relevant industry, including detailed knowledge and understanding of maintenance programs and planning
- Full driving license required
- Must be flexible with regard to working patterns
- Planning & reporting skills
- Communication & management skills
- PPE; Climbing kit, life jacket, boots, climbing hat, gloves, eye protection. If required to fly out on Helicopter; client would provide PPE/Flight suit
The assignment will be an initial 5 month, Starting mid-August 2021, with a view to extend, based in Grimsby. Rotation 2 weeks on 2 weeks off. Rate is negotiable but client is has given a guide rate of £500 per outside of IR35. All travel between sites is paid by the client however, all accommodations at ECH will not be covered.
Should you feel this position is suitable and you meet the criteria; please forward your CV to me (email@example.com) , as the client is looking to shortlist, select, interview and on board ASAP.
EWI Recruitment is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.
Applying For This Position
Unless otherwise stated, when applying for a job, you should ensure that you're already authorised to work in the country where the role is located.
There is never a need to provide your bank account details when applying for a job.
EWI is an international consultancy formed of specialist technical consultants who recruit and advise in the fields of infrastructure and natural resources. Each division and consultant within ewi is focussed exclusively on their specialist remit. Similarly our network has been developed and nurtured, providing access to industry specific professionals across each vertical market. We posses unrivalled market and international project knowledge to support our clients sustainable success.
Our specialist rail team are devoted to the provision of technical expertise to leaders within the market. Within this sector we work in the fields of construction, consultancy, and engineering. In short the railway team at ewi are able to help our clients deliver railway projects from concept to turnkey and onto the operational and maintenance. Our networks span feasibility, design, site supervision, commissioning & testing and handover to service all aspects of the project lifecycle.
The ewi rail team are proud to have worked on some of the of the worlds most prestigious rail projects including but not limited to; the Qatar Doha Metro, Saudi Arabia Haramain High Speed Rail, China Beijing High Speed, Malaysia Klang Valley Metro, Denmark Copenhagen Metro, India Kolkata Metro as well as many more of the worlds leading rail projects. The ewi rail team have experience working on metro projects, light rail, underground and freight rail projects.