HV Specialist Offshore Wind (SAP) 66kV
Are you looking for a new contract assignment on an offshore wind projects as a Senior Authorised person (SAP) 66kV HV specialist?
My client, a leading Developer and O&M is actively looking for a SAP 66kV Specialist
You will be responsible the following (but not limited to):
- Implementation of the Electrical Safety Rules on site, including the safe system of work
- Coordinate HV/MV/LV commissioning activities through the project construction stages
- Advise operationally on HV electrical installations to WTG, offshore substations and HV subsea cables
- Oversee safe commissioning of grid connections, WTG's and associated MV/HV/LV plant and equipment
- Oversee all HV/MV/LV electrical operational activities to ensure safety, security and integrity of the HV network related to the WTG network
- Contribute to proactive management, good coordination and communication between all parties and that the process works effectively
Tasks for the Senior Authorised Person
- Act as Senior Authorised Person
- Ensure compliancy with and managing of the Electrical Safety Rules
- Safety coordination in electrical matters
- Oversee 66kV array cable installation and HV switchgear preparation
- Manage and coordinate HV/MV/LV commissioning activities
- Outage management and network control in collaboration with the Control Engineers
- Prepare and check high voltage switching schedules
- Update MV/HV/LV schematic diagrams
- Inspect work sites and perform site safety inspections and auditing for electrical matters
- Check method statements for electrical matters
- Implement and provide training programmes for relevant staff according to the rules
- Provide technical and engineering advice to working parties for electrical matters
- Assist different departments when required
- Input to the project commissioning management manual and related documents (including pre-commissioning and commissioning
- Participation in different audits
- Participation in the planning of resource and work activities
- Experience in operation and commissioning within the field of high voltage electricity, offshore experience preferable
- Appropriate electrical qualification and background related to the authorization scope.
- Relevant authorisation certificate under the electrical safety rules preferable
- Full GWO / HUET with CA-ebs
- Appropriate PPE for HV and offshore works (bring your own)
The assignment will be an initial 6 month, Starting mid-October 2021, with a view to extend, based in Grimsby. Rotation 2 weeks on 2 weeks off. Rate is negotiable but client is has given a guide rate of £500 per outside of IR35.
Should you feel this position is suitable and you meet the criteria; please forward your CV to me (firstname.lastname@example.org) , as the client is looking to shortlist, select, interview and on board ASAP.
EWI Recruitment is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.
Applying For This Position
Unless otherwise stated, when applying for a job, you should ensure that you're already authorised to work in the country where the role is located.
There is never a need to provide your bank account details when applying for a job.
EWI is an international consultancy formed of specialist technical consultants who recruit and advise in the fields of infrastructure and natural resources. Each division and consultant within ewi is focussed exclusively on their specialist remit. Similarly our network has been developed and nurtured, providing access to industry specific professionals across each vertical market. We posses unrivalled market and international project knowledge to support our clients sustainable success.
Our specialist rail team are devoted to the provision of technical expertise to leaders within the market. Within this sector we work in the fields of construction, consultancy, and engineering. In short the railway team at ewi are able to help our clients deliver railway projects from concept to turnkey and onto the operational and maintenance. Our networks span feasibility, design, site supervision, commissioning & testing and handover to service all aspects of the project lifecycle.
The ewi rail team are proud to have worked on some of the of the worlds most prestigious rail projects including but not limited to; the Qatar Doha Metro, Saudi Arabia Haramain High Speed Rail, China Beijing High Speed, Malaysia Klang Valley Metro, Denmark Copenhagen Metro, India Kolkata Metro as well as many more of the worlds leading rail projects. The ewi rail team have experience working on metro projects, light rail, underground and freight rail projects.