About this Role:
We are seeking a Quantity Surveyor to work on our clients Southern Water contract in East Sussex.
As a Quantity Surveyor you will be part of the Commercial Department who are responsible for reporting on and management of all commercial arrangements to support the successful delivery of the contract works.
As the Quantity Surveyor your duties and responsibilities will be:
- Manage the work stream based Commercial Team consisting of all level of QS's and Administrators
- Compile and work with the team to complete tasks accurately and in a commercial sensitive manner
- Monthly AFP production and submission to MQS
- Identify and measure the change on live projects and the negotiation of target cost variations
- Negotiate the disallowable and withheld costs with client representatives and escalate to MQS if required
- Complete monthly CVR's and forecast costs
- Monitor subcontractor payments, forecast spend and risk and opportunity schedules
- Identify commercial risks, opportunities, value engineering and change
- Assist the team in other commercial functions
- Carry out trend analysis
Skills and Knowledge Requirements:
- A degree in Commercial Management/Quantity Surveying or other construction related subject or substantial previous experience in a similar position
- A commercially and contractually astute individual that takes ownership of performance
- A proactive person with a disposition to take action pre-emptively to manage risk and opportunity
- Intermediate to advanced Excel skills
Candidates must be able to prove their eligibility to work in the UK
Applying For This Position
Unless otherwise stated, when applying for a job, you should ensure that you're already authorised to work in the country where the role is located.
There is never a need to provide your bank account details when applying for a job.
As one of the UK's leading Technical Recruitment Consultancies, Fawkes & Reece provides a high quality recruitment service that is built around the ethos of working closely with our clients and job seekers in order to find the ideal match.
Specialising in the Technical Recruitment sector we recruit for a dedicated client base of over 5,000 leading organisations covering: Construction and Engineering, Residential Development, Housing Management, Town Planning, Regeneration, Highways, Traffic & Transportation and the Surveying and Property sectors.
In order to deliver consistency and high service levels we have dedicated teams of consultants specialising in key industry sectors. Our consultants are trained in all aspects of the recruitment process to ensure they can manage a vacancy from the early stages, communicate with all parties and professionally take the vacancy through to the successful placement.
Setting high service standards Fawkes & Reece continue to invest heavily in internal and external training courses in order to continually improve and develop our service and support all our consultants to become REC qualified.